Plagiarism means the copying of another person's work or ideas and using them as if it were one's own without citing a quotation or stating a source. In order to control the originality of students' works, Estonian University of Life Sciences has opportunity to use plagiarism detection program Ouriginal (earlier URKUND).
Ouriginal in plagiarism system that EULS has purchased the license of usage. It is important to understand that Ouriginal does not specify whether the text is plagiarised or not. Ou can be used by all academic workers of the university. Students can´t use the system independently, uploading documents is possible in cooperation with lecturer etc.
- Ouriginal can be used by all academic staff members of the university. You can log in HERE.
- Ouriginal account has been assigned to all academic staff in October 2017. If you need to activate your account then use password reset option Forgot you password? on the Ouriginal login page. All newer employees will receive a Ouriginal user account by writing to the library contact person.
- Students can´t use the program independently. Students can upload their work to the system, but the result report is sent to the lecturer.
NB! The lecturer analysis address is not the e-mail address of EMÜ. It is a special address created by Ouriginal, looks like "email@example.com". Lecturer analysis address should be sent to the student so they could send the document to plagiarism detection program.
- Ouriginal allows:
- to compare with materials available on the internet in Estonian and English
- to compare with materials inside Ouriginal archive (previously uploaded documents)
- to compare with documents inside other Estonian universities digital archives
- to use Ouriginal Moodle plugin
- to analyze prepared similarity report documents
See more tutorials HERE.
Karmen Kalk, Information Services Specialist
Phone: 731 3064